Dear Sunday: A New Semester

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series. This week I'm also doing a brief Stacking the Shelves and have also linked up with tyngas reviews.

It's been a while hasn't? 

This summer has been the summer of blog-breaks for me, apparently! These past few weeks I have: 

  • gone to a biophysics conference, given a talk over my research to a room full of scientist I didn't know and
    • survived!
    • and not only that, apparently no one could tell I was SUPER EXTREMELY nervous?
      • which is a win
    • and there were a lot of people interested in my research and had some great questions!
      • so yay
  • flew out for a leadership summit for the Christian Graduate Fellowship group I'm a part of 
    • and it was A BLAST
    • and amazing
    • and I played board games until like 2 in the  morning 
      • so yeah it was perfect
  • ran a science booth at the state fair
    • the kids LOVED my physics demos and it was really a lot of fun watching them get so excited about electricity and magnetism 

Whew! This week school officially starts-- which is a tad bit arbitrary since I'm a grad student and work year round but I am taking a class and teaching a lab this semester (oh and JOB HUNTING) so it's gonna be a bit busy.

So I wish I could promise that I'm officially back in action and that there will be no more unexpected absences here....but yeah. No promises.


Prairie Fires by Caroline Fraser

My library hold finally came in! Some of my friends who are massive Laura Ingalls Wilder fans recommended this historical nonfiction about Laura and everything that was going on in the country while she was alive. It's massive tome but it has been surprisingly riveting thus far.

I'm also 1000% happy that I'm living in the 21st century without, you know, devastating plagues of locust.









  • Top Ten Tuesday: Books to get you out of a reading slump
    • this will be an interesting post because recently I've been asking for books to get me out of a slump! 
  • Nonfiction Challenge : 6 month update 


Okay that's it for me! I'm excited to be back in the book blogging world. I hope you are having a great week and if you're a student, welcome to a new semester! :) 

No comments