Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly series created by tyngas reviews where I talk about the books I've recently added to my ever growing to-read shelf.

Thank goodness that my to-read shelf is primarily a virtual one hosted by Goodreads because if it was a real shelf it would have collapsed under the weight of a collective mountain of books by now. And we wouldn't want that!

Image result for garden spells book 1. Garden Spells by Sarah Allen.
I saw this book while rummaging through the crowded shelves in the back of a local thrift store I just discovered. I was hoping it was on sale for half off (as it had a blue stickers and blue tags were half off that day) but sadly I had to pay full price. Seeing how full price was a dollar, I'm not complaining!

Image result for lady maybe 2. Lady Maybe by Julie Klassen
I had picked up a couple books at my local library and was wandering back through the shelves to leave, when this cover caught my eye. I've read a few too many Victorian-themed novels but this one had a very intriguing premise -- amnesia, lies, mystery!-- so I figured I would give it a go one day.

Image result for the dream keeper's daughter 3. The Dream Keeper's Daughter by Emily Colin
I've read a couple of time-slip novels-- stories were the protagonist finds themselves, or someone they know, mysteriously slipping back/forward in time and I've always found them intriguing. So when I saw this title on iwishilivedinalibrary's blog, I knew it had to go on my list.

Image result for the girl who knew too much 4. The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick
Annddd finally we have this novel set in the 1930s, which I also heard about through iwishilivedinalibrary's blog. I'm currently working my way through a 1920s murder mystery series and loving it, so I thought it might be fun to branch out and check out this one set in California.


And that's it! (for this week at least) Tell me, what books have recently gone on your literal or metaphorical to-read shelves? Anything I should check out?

2 comments

  1. Oh, that's good! I've heard about garden spells, and almost anything for a dollar is a good grab :) I will do a haul later today too, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of thrift store books :) My hometown library sells old paperbacks for 25 cents-- I wish my local library did that!
      Awesome, I look forward to reading it!

      Delete