Top Ten Tuesday: 5 books I wish I could read for the first time again

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at its new location at That Artsy Reader Girl

As you may or may not know, I am a stanuch no-rereads-type of person. It isn’t a moral stance that I came into on purpose, and I’m not here to tell you that there are so many amazing unread books out there so how dare you re-read something.

 I just have rarely ever felt the urge to reread a book. The notable exception to this rule occured when I was very young and continuously read/re-read the harry potter series OVER AND OVER until my parents staged an intervention and made me read other books (mind you this occured when there weren’t that many HP books even published).

 Ever since then, the idea of reading a book I’ve already read holds no appeal to me-- thus a long winded explanation as to why I’m taking a spin on this week’s prompt-- books you could reread forever-- and giving you a list of books that I wish I could go back and read for the first time again because they were just that good. #sucharebel

 Thus, without further stalling, I present to you a list of books I adored to a level that a normal person would have reread them.


 The Darkest Part of the forest by Holly Black: This book was just perfect for me; the writing was lyrical, gender norms were thrown out with wild abandon, and the plot was intriguing and fast paced.

 A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffith:   I loved this novel so much I can’t even explain. It is part of this unique genre called urban fantasy, which is wildly innovative. I loved this book more than American Gods, which technically started the whole genre.

 The Magicians by Lev Grossman:   I read this series while studying abroad in France and I have a distinct memory of telling my friend about how much in love I was. He just referenced Naria and Star Trek and really if that isn’t the height of literature I don’t know what is I exclaimed, wilding throwing my arms about. She was unconvinced.

 A long way to a small angry planet by Becky Chambers:   Ahh, even thinking back on this book makes me happy. It was just an amazing unique sci-fi novel featuring a wide cast of characters you just instantly fell in love with.

 Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde:   I read this on vacation a year or so ago and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Stunningly imaginative, extremely kooky with a surprising dark undercurrent, this book is where Jasper Fforde really excels at and that is saying something, considering how amazing his other books are.

 That’s it for me! Five books that I wish I could experience reading them for the first time all over again. Let me know: what books do you wish you could read for the first time again??

No comments