Monthly Wrap-up: January + February

I'm linking up with The Book DateFeed Your Fiction Addiction, and Cocoon of Books for this monthly review! 

It has been a startingly long time since I did a wrap-up but I'm going to just jump right back in with the past two months!



Favorite January memory: Right before I headed back to school I had the chance to drive down and see two of my college friends who I hadn't seen in years and it was so lovely to be with them again.




Favorite February memory: I went to a physics conference and professionally speaking the conference was the best it could ever be! I made some valuable contacts that might help me get a job in a year or so when I graduate. Even though I didn't enjoy the city (read more here!) the conference was very productive.






What with my demanding class (graduate level biochem anyone?) and my two jobs I have plenty of excuses as to why my reading pace as slowed down from last year. I don't mind-- sure it would be nice to read a bit more-- but I'm enjoying the books I am able to read.



The Witches of New York by Ami McKay
I just adored this one-- read more here!


The Scribe of Siena by Melodie Winawer
This book was not horrible, it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

Finding time to go to the real life library has been very difficult these past two months, which makes me immensely grateful for my kindle which can download a library book AT ANY TIME (isn't technology just marvelous?).



I joined a nonfiction reading challenge and I have to say, I did not foresee it going this well! Thus far it has not been a huge struggle to find a nonfiction book I don't hate reading.

((click on the photo to go to the review! look at me, doing some coding...))

 


Whew! That's it for me! Here's to hoping that in these next months, I scrounge up some more time for reading. Let me know-- what was your favorite book in January/February? 

No comments