TTT: 5 books not set in the USA

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at its new location at That Artsy Reader Girl!

Welcome back to my first non-Sunday post in far too long! When I first saw this week's prompt-- books that take place in another country-- I figured it was going to be difficult. Most of the books I read are set in the US. But when I had a look through my Goodreads list, I found it surprisingly easy to rummage up five books set in non-USA locations!


  • The Lost Girls
    • This is a travel memoir written by three friends who spend a year traveling the world-- it was an interesting read!
  • The Scribe of Siena
    • This book is set in Medieval Italy and follow the journey of one woman thrown hundreds of years back in time.
  • My Life in France
    • This memoir of Julia Child's life was engaging-- and made me want to get into the kitchen and cook more! Ironically few of the dishes she described were ones I would want to make (most were very heavy with tons of cream and butter).
  • Song of a captive bird
    • This fictionalized memoir is about Iranian poet Farough and it was a wonderful, riveting read.
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    • This is a fast paced easy-to-read novel about a woman who finds herself suddenly a single mother raising two precocious boys in England. It was fun, but I haven't been motivated to seek out the sequel just yet.


That's it for me! What are your favorite non-USA books? 

No comments