Dear Sunday: Week One

This post was inspired by the weekly Sunday series over at caffeinated book reviewer.

Hello all, and welcome to my now week-old blog! It's been a busy week at work for me-- juggling my on-going research project (which is full of struggle and strife as always), working on another project (that has to be done and complete before the end of June), and starting a new coding project (any other coders out there? anyone else periodically want to light their computer on fire? no? just me? cool).

It's also been a busy week here at the blog! Between searching out new series to be a part of (any suggestions? I'm loving the Sunday Post meme, the Top Ten Tuesday Meme, and the Stacking the Shelves meme PS why are they called memes?), and exploring new blogs, I've been gathering more book recommendations than I'll ever feasibly be able to get to. Which is a lovely problem to have.

As you can see on the left, I'm in a weekly weaving class I picked up at a local art center and it's the coolest thing ever. It took two weeks (aka four hours of class time) to set up the loom, but now that we are in the actual weaving part of the weaving class I am having a blast.

It's Memorial Day Weekend here in the States but as a grad student I often compare my work to being a freelancer-- I don't have set hours but I have set tasks that need to be completed, so I'll probably join my coworkers at work on Monday. Still, this weekend has been a nice break (ignoring the whole storming part).



  • 05.30 Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books for the second half of 2017
  • 06.03 Stacking the Shelves 


8 comments

  1. Oooh! I've never done weaving before! It looks fun!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm looking forward to learning some new patterns. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Memorial Day weekend! And congrats on your first week of blogging. That was one of the things that struck me about book blogging- the sheer number of recommendations I got!

    As for suggestions, if you want another meme then Can't Wait Wednesday might be of interest, hosted by Wishful Endings. It's every Wednesday and the nice thing about those kind of posts is they're quick and east to put together. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; I should be set on what to read next for the next month, easy!
      Okay, I'll check that one out, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Yay for your first week! And I love love love Lauren Graham (and Gilmore Girls, I can quote every single line from every single episode, no joke), so I'll have to check out your review of Talking As Fast As I Can.


    Hope you have a great week!
    https://daniereadsbooks.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/the-sunday-post-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, isn't she great? I'm such a fan of the series-- eventually I'll re-watch the whole thing. I need to try Parenthood, she talked a lot about that series in her book.

      Delete
  4. I bet that weaving is relaxing and fun. I need to get back into crafting of some kind. But, where will I find that extra time. LOL
    Congrats on your first week in the wonderful world of blogging. I started five years ago and never looked back.

    Are you checked out Goodreads? You can go join some fun groups there and find new challenges to sign up for. The other thing is visit lots of blogs. We all have something fun and always adding new:)

    Have a lovely holiday weekend!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weaving is relaxing :) Haha I know, crafting takes up time! My recent trick has been to crochet while listening to an audio book to fit in two of my hobbies at the same time.
      I've only used Goodreads to find books-- I'll have to check out the groups on there, thanks!

      Delete