TTT: Favorite Cookbooks

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a little different! The theme is food-- and since I can't think of any novels I've read recently that feature yummy eats, I thought I would share two of my favorite cookbooks with you. Adulting is difficult, and one of the more difficult parts of adulting is cooking so much food. Like I eat so much. Like three meals a day. Which, while I was in college, didn't sound like much cooking. But it is so much cooking!

Here are two cookbooks that help with that adulting problem.


There is a tradition in my family to use this classic 1950s Betty Crocker cookbook. My mom found this copy in a local thrift store a year or so ago, so now I have my own!


It's full of quasi-sexist suggestions for wives, cute whimsical drawings, and delicious recipes.


Next up, Ten Dollar Dinners by Melissa d'Arabian! Melissa d'Arabian is perhaps my favorite cookbook author of all time. She has never led me astray-- every recipe of hers I've tried has turned out delicious. She also does a weekly live stream on Facebook called It's Tuesday Night Somewhere where she shows you how it's possible to have a home cooked dinner on a weeknight.


That's it! I don't have many cookbooks, I rely on an amalgamation of cookbooks, pinterest, and websites to make my dinners happen.

What about you? What's your go-to cookbook? Help me with my adulting.

No comments