5 Books I Want to Get My Hands on Early (pub + unpub)

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at That Artsy Reader Girl

As you may or may not know, I don't really follow new releases. The hype of new books tends to fly right over my head, which is buried in whatever old book that caught my fancy.

After all, there are so many amazing books out there, I can happily spend all my time reading them. So this week I'm doing a slight twist on the theme-- books I would slay a lion to get early-- and instead presenting you a list of books I want to read now please and thank you but can't, for various reasons listed below.


32802595 record of spaceborn few by Becky Chambers

Behold! The only unpublished book on this list. Becky Chambers is one of my favorite sci-fi authors and I adore everything she has written. I can not wait for the third book in her series (hopefully it's a series and not a trilogy!) which should come out this summer.

I might actual pre-order it. *gasps from the audience* I know, I know, I believe that I have sought out and purchased...one book? A couple years ago I loved a series and the latest book was released and instead of waiting for my library to have it I actually bought it online and I haven't done that since (if I buy books I buy them at the dollar store).

20603758 Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

This book has technically been published but I currently on the waiting list for the audiobook because WIL WHEATON. The Trump presidency might be over by natural causes by the time I finally get this audiobook.





35133922 Educated: A Memoir  by Tara Westover

A friend recommended me this memoir and when I read the synopsis I was HOOKED. I am now roughly the 50th person in line for the book at my library. #PatienceIsMyVirtue







38811698
Swear You Won't Tell? by Vedashree Khambete-Sharma

I read about this mystery novel by an Indian author on a blog recently and really wanted to read it. I submitted an interlibrary loan for like one of the two copies that exist in American libraries. My library decided instead to just buy the book and so when it comes in I'll get to read it (I believe the book was put on the slowest freighter coming from India so maybe next year I'll get my hands on it).



26032825
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

I read a Holly Black book a while ago (Darkest part of the forest) and LOVED IT. When this book came out I knew I had to read it-- after, of course, the roughly thirty people ahead of me on the hold list.








That's it for me! What about you? What books are you super excited to get your hands on?

No comments