Top Ten Tuesday: 5 book-reading memories

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at That Artsy Reader Girl

Have you ever looked at a book you've read and the memory of where and when you read it is almost more vivid than the memory of the book itself? For this week's Top Ten Tuesday prompt I scanned through my Goodreads bookshelf and picked out five books that I have distinct memories of reading. Bonus points, three of the five are AMAZING books that you need to read today.

13055971

   Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams || 3 stars 

This was a so-so murder mystery which fell flat in a lot of ways BUT one afternoon while I was listening to the audio book I embroidered this piece so something good did come of it. 




8788554

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones || 2 Stars

Once again a not-so-great book. I heard about this through someone's blog and well...kind of hated it. The novel had some really problematic issues with consent and also the main character was super annoying BUT! One night while I was reading this I got a SOS call from my friend: her brand new car had stopped working in a parking lot and she needed help. I drove over mainly providing just moral support as, after turning it off and on again, her car worked, I kid you not. 

Image result for turn it off and on again gif




1158967

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen || 5 Stars

Ahhh now we are on to the AMAZING books. I'm the janitor for my church and one afternoon after cleaning I had a small break before praise team practice started so I snuck upstairs to one of the rooms that had a bunch of couches and read this book for a while. 

24723284

The Witches of New York by Ami McKay || 5 stars

Have you ever started a book and realized, within just a few pages, that you have stumbled upon something great? That's what happened to me with this book; I started it in a dark parking lot on New Year's Eve and knew immediately that I had found a new love. 

2113260

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde || 5 stars

I had wanted to read this book for a while and so when I found in my local library's bookshop for 50 cents, I was pretty pumped. My family and I were about to go on a cruise and loaded up on ALL THE BOOKS. When I wasn't seasick, I read this amazing novel. Jasper Fforde is just brilliant, that's all there is to it. 

That's it for me! What about you? What are some of your book reading memories? 

No comments