Dear Sunday: Dollar Tree Finds

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series. This week I'm also doing a brief Stacking the Shelves and have also linked up with  tyngas reviews


Hello everyone! There is no exciting news to detail, no changes in my life as it quietly hurtles itself through the semester. I'm excited it's almost October mainly because the temps here have been solidly unabashedly summer temperatures, not the beautiful temperate chill that fall promises. 

I've also kind of sort of decided to officially do NaNoWriMo this year! National Novel Writing Month takes place every November where the goal is to write 55,000 words in one crazy caffeine-fueled fourth-wall-destroying month. I did it all through high school but went on a wise hiatus through college. Last year, a couple weeks before November, I had all but forgotten about NaNo until a blogger announced she was going to do it and suddenly it hit me. I have way more free time in grad school than in college-- and what else to do with that free time but clean cook write a blog  watch YouTube write a novel?! I won last year and I'm looking forward to participating this year! It's still a bit early but I really need to get some planning done. Are you doing NaNo?? If so be sure to befriend me and maybe we can cheer each other on :) 

This year will mark ten years since my first NaNo and my first novel! Like...what?! 
23388346
The Oyster Catcher by Jo Thomas
I picked this up when I was in my local Dollar Tree buying more candles that I'll never light (but they're just a dollar!). The cute cover drew me in and the cute story made this an enjoyable read. Stay tuned for my review! 


  • Top Ten Tuesday 
  • ARC Review: The Medievalist 
  • ARC Review: Sing A New Song 
That's it for me! How was your week? Do you want to write one novel in one month?? Join me in my craziness :)

16 comments

  1. Yay for NaNo! Good luck :) of course it's always better to write than just cook or clean :D you're doing something creative!
    My week was just boring, exluding one Friday event, but I talk about that in my post, so maybe you've read it already :) finished a few books as well, and signed up for Sci-Fi Month 2017! That's about it :)
    Anyway, have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Sci-Fi month sounds cool! I'll have to check out your post :)
      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  2. I want fall temps here too! It was so hot last week (heck, it still is). Like 90's. Ready for a fall cooldown. :)

    Good luck with NaNo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! My car's thermometer read 100 degrees this afternoon D:
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the NaNoWriMo! I've never heard of it, and I'm glad I've encountered it on your blog. And that plate of meal - was that your dinner? It looks so good XD

    I know it's hot recently, it seems like it had been like that everywhere (according to other blogs). Have a great week!

    Anne @ The Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha yeah, I couldn't get the captions working for the photo so I just left it as some sort of mystery photo but that was a delicious fried rice I made last week with purple cabbage :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I would love to write, but really have no time. Sad excuse and really I should not have any excuse, but there you have it. Maybe next year, when things in my life settle down.


    The Oyster Catcher looks like a cute book. Never thought to look for books at the dollar store.

    Hope you have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand not having the time! Like I said, I had to take a break during my college years because I literally couldn't find the time.
      Oo I love buying books at the dollar store! I mean after all, even if they are bad, it was just a dollar ;)

      Delete
  5. I love the Dollar store and finding book gems there! I never feel guilty on getting things there - also probably why I always end up piling my basket up with things I wasn't planning on getting. LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same! It's so hard to pass up something-- even if I don't need it-- since it's /only/ a dollar!
      Thanks, you too! :)

      Delete
  6. Gotta love the dollar store! I do the same thing. Lol.

    Kudos for giving NaNoWriMo a go! I have always wanted to try it. And hopefully for those of us desiring autumn, this weather will break soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always do NaNo this year :) Even if you don't 'win', it can be a fun intro to the whole shebang!

      Delete
  7. I'm obsessed with checking the Dollar Tree book isle. I have found a few treasures there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! And if it turns out I don't like the book, it's easy enough to drop it off at my local library. Spend a dollar /and/ feel charitable? #doublewin

      Delete
  8. Buying beautiful candles and never lighting them is right up my alley! I mean, why would anyone want to consume the candle's beauty by lighting it and enjoying it.. Nope, that doesn't sound right.. Let's just hoard them instead!

    This was such a fun post to read! :)

    - Shanu (http://anerdyaffair.wixsite.com/scribblesonascreen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one with a reasonable approach to candles ;)
      Thanks!

      Delete