What I Read: August

I'm linking up with The book date and Feed your fiction addiction for this monthly review! 



As you may or may not have noticed, I'm trying a slightly different format for my monthly review. I've become proficient at using Adobe Illustrator through my job, oddly enough, so I thought I would create a layout for the books I read this month! 

Where Two Seas Meet by the Morris people
This is the first book of the second series about the two main characters. The books are always enjoyable; they're like comfort food. If I ever want a nice book to read, I return to this series. 

A Twist in Time by Julie McElwain
This is book two in a time slip murder mystery series that I enjoy. I might get around to writing a review for it one of these days....

A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers
Easily hands down my favorite book this month. Click on the title to read more of my fangirling on this second book in the Wayfarers series. 

This was my first ARC (advanced reader copy)! It was an enjoyable lighthearted romance that quickly became my second favorite read of the month. 

Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave
My review for this novel will be up in a week or so, so stay tuned! In a nutshell, this was an introspective novel that, while more towards literary fiction than I normally read, I enjoyed nonetheless. 

The Secret by Julie Garwood
Annndd for my least favorite book of the month. To be fair, this book was not a bad book; there were parts of it that I definitely enjoyed reading. The characters were cute and the romance was light and fluffy. It was just too difficult to correlate feminist characters (who convince men to give women more rights) and fluffy romances with 12th century Scottish wildlands. 


That about sums it up! I'm pretty happy with my total for the month of August-- not my busiest month but definitely not my slowest month. How was your month? What was your favorite read that I should check out? 

4 comments

  1. August was great for you. I read a book called Bell of Eternity by Martina Boone that I enjoyed very much. It's a stand alone/companion novel for her first novel in the series. I loved the setting--a castle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Woolly Hat Knitting Club" has a really fun cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read a Becky Chambers book. I’ve heard so many good things about them. I hope you’re having a great September!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm only visiting your wrap-up now! Busy times :D
    A Closed And Common Orbit was okay for me, but not as good as the first book. Still, a very good read :)

    ReplyDelete