Dear Sunday: A Chill Week

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series. This week I'm also doing a brief Stacking the Shelves and have also linked up with  tyngas reviews

What did I even do this week? This weekly series is great because it forces me to actually look back on the past week. Let's see...I had choir practice-- the odd classical piece we are working on is finally sounding vaguely pleasant and that's great, even if the silly composer doesn't understand how high us poor altos can/cannot sing; I petted the most adorable fluffy ball of fur when I came across a student walking her puppy; my youth group cancelled our weekly meeting in order to go see the new Martin Luther movie-- it was pretty good; I got frustrated teaching my students; my wrist hurt from explaining the right hand rule far too many times; I got excited when my students finally understood the concept. OH and I got the most fall picture of them all-- Canadian geese migrating south with a beautiful sunset as the backdrop. 

It's been a pretty chill week! No complaints here :)

Vigil by Angela Slatter 
Months and months ago, I heard about this book on some now-forgotten blog. It sounded right up my alley, but my library didn't have a copy. Never fear! I put a request in through the interlibrary loan system. My request was cancelled and my library told me that they were going to just buy the book and put me on hold to be the first one to read it. 

Fast forward monthhhsss and I had all but forgotten about it, until I get an email telling me that my book on hold was now ready to be checked out! I'm excited to finally read it :) 
Four posts in one week?? Who am I? It helped that Sing a New Song wasn't an in-depth review. It's a Christain devotional book and since that's such a personalized genre, I mainly just wanted to introduce the book to those who might be interested. 

(one can hope at least...)
  • Top Ten Tuesday
  • ARC Review: This Side of Murder by Anna Lee Huber
  • What I read: September 
That's about it for me! What about you? How was your week? Be sure to link to your own weekly recap in the comments below! 

No comments