Dear Sunday: Concert Week

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series. 

I'll save you the repetitive rant on how busy I am (my friends wish they were that lucky!) Suffice it to say, I have yet to hit a nice quiet stretch of my life. I have hope for Christmas break.

But the business this past week was good busy! I went to a fun Catholic lecture, my normal Lutheran bible study, and on Friday my church had its annual bonfire/hayride/etc and that was really a blast. Any night that I spend out in the countryside around a bonfire is a good night in my books.

The picture on the left is what I did on my one free night this past week-- I made walnut butter! Super easy; you literally put walnuts (or any nut) in a food processor and turn it on. Bam. I added like a teaspoon of oil and a teaspoon of sugar but that was it. The final result is a bit grainy since I have a cheap food processor. It's not sweet but holy cow is it amazing when paired with sweet strawberries!


But Anna you say aren't you super busy? Why would you post four times in a week where you are busy? Which is a great question that I don't have a great answer to. You would think I would be kind to myself and post less on busy weeks? I'm going to try and follow that sensible advice this coming week because the local choir I sing in is having its concert! And if you've ever been in a band/choir then you know that concert week can be a bit manic.

So with that reservation...



  • Top Ten Tuesday: Unique Book Titles 
  • Review: In which I review the internet's most popular book ever
  • okay
  • I hate clickbait 
  • so
  • I'll just tell you
    • pppssssst
      • The book is The Raven Boys! 
That's about it for me! How was your week? Have you ever had the inexpressible pleasure that is walnut butter and strawberries? 

No comments