Top 5 books in 2018 (thus far)

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at That Artsy Reader Girl

When I saw the prompt for this week I wasn't sure how many books I would be able to rummage up. My reading life took a huge dip recently and I wasn't sure if I had read that many amazing books in 2018. A quick trip through my Goodreads shelves showed me just how wrong I was! Here are five 5-star reads I discovered this year.


Lyrical Masterpieces



The Witches of New York by Ami Mckay || Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

click on the images to go the reviews and read my ravings


Innovative Sci-Fic

25733990


Sleeping Giants by Sylvian Neuvel

I somehow forgot to write a review for this book?? Let's just say on page one I wanted to put it down because it has such an unusual format-- told almost exclusively in interviews and that's not really my thing. However I'm really glad I stuck with it, as it was a brilliantly thought out sci-fic novel. 


NONFICTION


    7684354

The Lost City of Z by David Gramm || 52 Loaves by William Alexander

Can we take a second to appreciate the fact that two non-fiction books made it on my best reads list?!
Who am I.
I'm telling you, this nonfiction reading challenge has completely changed my reading life. I started 2018 feeling like reading nonfiction books was this massive chore I never wanted to do. But then I discovered that nonfiction can actually be pretty great?!


Whew! That's it for me. What about you? What are some of your top 2018 reads thus far?

No comments