Dear Sunday: settling in

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series.



I moved into my shiny new apartment last week and have spent this whirlwind week unpacking and settling in. This beautiful lake borders my new complex, and I've enjoyed walking around it.

Last week I mentioned I was in a little bit of a reading funk and I thought I had found the PERFECT book to get me out of it: Red Rising by Pierce Brown.


Well. My current feels about that book are summed up by this xkcd comic:

So it's not going well. Maybe I'll get into it the more I read? It's a really highly rated book but seriously I think the xkcd quote is a direct line from the book.


  • Top Ten Tuesday: I remember reading these books! 
    • yeah no I'm still brainstorming the title for this week's prompt
    • like the prompt is rather interesting-- books were you strongly remember where you were/what you were doing while you read them
    • but the title is still a work in progress
  • Mini-Reviews
    • turns out I have read some books recently (?) so here's a mish-mash recap of some of the historical fiction books I've been reading

That's it for me! Thanks for stopping by and let me know: are you reading any amazing books right now? This funk is starting to take hold...


No comments