TTT: 5 Dreamy Book Locations

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

For this week's Top Ten Tuesday I want to share five books set in beautiful locations. 

A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabelle L. Bird -- I know I've mentioned this book like a hundred times on my blog but it's just so interesting! Isabelle travels through Colorado on horseback in the late 1800s and her gift for description had me wanting to travel through the mountains as well except for I would have cell phone service and antibiotics.

Two Women Abroad by Adaline S Hall-- I've mentioned this really cool, rare, travel log on my blog before. I stumbled upon a copy in my college library and fell instantly in love. It describes the journey two self-proclaimed spinsters took through Europe right at the turn on the century and it's really cool.

The Lost Girls by a bunch of people-- Here's a switch to a very modern travel log; several college friends take a year to travel the globe. While I wasn't very tempted by their tales, it did make me want to travel.

Into The Wilderness by Sara Donati-- I adored this novel, set in New York state in the late 1700s. It was beautiful and atmospheric and made me want to journey through rural New York.

When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke -- This novel about a posh young woman who goes to teach in the middle of the wilderness in the late 1800s was a fun little read. Once again I felt the tug to travel through rugged rural country forgetting my deathly fear of spiders, bugs, and my deep love of indoor plumbing. Oh well. Maybe one day.

That's it for me! Five books in lovely locations I would not mind finding myself in. :) What about you? What's your favorite bookish location?

No comments