2017 Bookish Wrap-up







2017 was the start of my new book blog! On May 21st I published my first post. I've always been enamoured with books and reading. The pleasure of reading a good book is almost equaled by the pleasure of convincing someone else to read it. As I have had notoriously bad luck when it comes to making my friends to my bidding helping my friends to find their next favorite book, I decided to take my quest to the internet and try to convince total strangers to read amazing books. Along the way and quite by my surprise, I found an amazing community and discovered some of my all time favorite books.
By the numbers:

97 posts written.

25 book reviews posted.

This coming year I hope to: continue posting with some attempt at regularity; write more discussion posts (I have ALL THE OPINIONS but also never write discussion posts?!); continue to read and comment on other book blogs!


I've always been a reader, but I struggled to find enough time to read during college and grad school. Last year I read 22 books. Grad school was finally beginning to slow down as I headed into a research-intensive but non-intensive course work stage of my schooling. I realized that I definitely had time to read, but that I wasn't prioritizing reading; choosing instead to spend my free time on Youtube and other internet things. This year I set up a Goodreads challenge-- I wanted to read more books. Throughout the year I kept increasing my target number of books. I read 59 books this year and I couldn't be happier. Among those books are some of my new favorites ((too many to number!)), books I struggled through, books I ranted about, and books I raved about.

By the numbers:
I read 19,576 pages across 59 booksImg bookstack 72

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Binti by Nnedi Okorafor
Img ruler 
SHORTEST BOOK
96 pages
Binti
by 
LONGEST BOOK
662 pages
The Name of the Wind
by 
AVERAGE LENGTH
332 pages



MY AVERAGE RATING FOR 2017
4.1


DNF: 1
Audiobooks: 7
eARCs: 5
-----------------------
Historical Fiction: 21
Mystery: 11
General Fiction: 9
Sci-Fic: 7
Non-fiction: 6
Fantasy: 5
((I had no clue how many historical fiction  novels I was reading!))

This coming year I hope to:  Keep reading. My goodreads goal for this year is 55 books-- I don't need to read more books, I'm quite happy with what I read this year. I can't wait to discover more books this coming year!


2017. I figured it would be easier to wrap up in photos instead of words. Below you get a brief glimpse into what the year held for me: getting back into bike riding after years of not owning a bike; having the most amazing vacation with my college friends; solar eclipse; learning how to weave; moving into the coolest apartment ever; seeing a really big tree; watercolors; historical finds; and a moonlit ocean.


Here's to another great year!

No comments