Top Ten Tuesday: Books I can't believe I haven't read

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at its new location at That Artsy Reader Girl

I'll admit that this week's prompt stumped me. books you can't believe you have read. There aren't really any books that looking back I can't believe that I read! Sure there might be one tragically bad book that I really should have just put down and not soldiered on to the end, but one book does not a list make.

I had resigned myself to just skipping this week's prompt and waiting till next week when I came across I Wish I Lived in a Library's post. She decided to interpret the prompt with books she can't believe she hasn't read yet-- and when I saw that, I realized it was the perfect interpretation of the prompt for me! So thank you to Katherine and without further ado I will shamelessly use her interpretation:

2827366425489134The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden : I've talked about wanting to read this book so often on my blog I'm almost sick of it. And somehow I haven't managed to read it? I'm 75% sure that I have a hold on the ecopy of this book at my library so maybe one day it will magically appear on my tablet and I will finally read it.

1113816054217The Trespasser by Tana French: When I first saw this book on my TBR list on Goodreads I was like 'oh no that must be a mistake how can there be a Tana French book that I haven't read??' BUT turns out I haven't read it?!? Tana French is perhaps my all time favorite mystery author so this whole situation needs to be remedied quickly.

248483The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness: The reason I'm surprised I never read this is because I devoted like three weeks of my life to reread the second book in preparation for reading the end of the trilogy. However the second book was so obnoxiously long I was sick of the story by the end and never managed to pick up this next book....

Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis: One of my favorite authors, a seminal book on Christianity, and somehow I've never managed to find the time? This will be a perfect read for my nonfiction reading challenge!

Austenland by Shannon Hale: Okay so I admit this book doesn't have the highest ratings on Goodreads per se. However it looks right up my alley. It's the sort of book that really could go either way-- interesting homage to Jane Austen, or a cheesy annoying ploy. Only time will tell!


That's it for me! Thanks again to I Wish I Lived in a Library's post for the inspiration for today's post :)
What about you? What are the books you can't believe you haven't read yet? 

No comments