Top Ten Tuesday: 2018 Bookish Goals

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at its new location at That Artsy Reader Girl

I have to be honest.

I don't really understand New Year's Resolutions. I've never really made them-- it feels too arbitrary to wait to the start of a new year to set up goals, or to make lifestyle changes. Yearly goals are too vast and vague-- I prefer monthly goals or heck even weekly goals.

However, in the spirit of new beginnings and all that, I've scrumaged up five bookish goals I have for 2018.
As I talked about earlier, I'm looking to read more nonfiction books this year. Last year I read one nonfiction book? I loved it and it made me realize that there are probably some really cool nonfiction books out there that I never gave the time of day to.
Last year I read 59 books and that was awesome. I feel no need to increase that number-- and if January is any indication that number may actually go down a little this year. However I'm hoping to stay between 50-60 because that felt like an achievable number of books.

This is something that I feel like I do a somewhat decent job at already and it's definitely something I want to keep up in 2018.
I have all the opinions and I write like none of the discussion posts? That has to change. I stumbled upon a discussion post challenge on someone's blog and I decided to unofficially take part in it. I'm hoping to get up maybe one discussion post a month.
Okay so this is perhaps my most random/self-indulgent goal. I've been toying with the idea of writely a (monthly?) series featuring different hobbies of mine, as I also do all the hobbies. These posts might be tips and tricks to embroidery (my newest fav) or my favorite cheap watercoloring materials or updates on a massive art project I'm doing-- you get the idea. Just a window into my non-book related hobbies. What would be really cool is if I could do a link-up or something and encourage all of y'all to tell me about your weird hobbies! I love hearing about people's hobbies. :)

That's all for me! What about you? What are you 2018 book goals? Would you be interested in a non-book hobby series?

No comments