Dear Sunday: Sunny California

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series.This week I'm also doing a brief Stacking the Shelves and have also linked up with  tyngas reviews 

As you read this post, I will be in California attending a conference! It is my first official/relevant conference in graduate school so it is at once exciting and nerve wracking. It'll be super fun to hear about the cool things going on in the field of biophysics, but also this is also an important time for me to network and plan out future job applications so there is that.

This past week has been busy, preparing for the conference (I'm doing a poster presentation), trying to work ahead/stay on top of things for my class (I'm missing four lectures AND there's an exam right after I get back), and cleaning the church since I'll be away for so long (till mid this week).

That all being said I have scheduled this week's posts (I KNOW who am i) so stay tuned! Also I should be posting some cliche California pics on my instagram (which you can see on the sidebar to the right!) so check back for that.
11550559
I realized that February was quickly slipping away and I hadn't started my nonfiction read of the month! So after conferring with my library's online catalogue (oh modern society how do I love thee?) and my Goodreads TBR list, I decided on The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks  where a cookbook author teaches everyday women how to have confidence in the kitchen. Thus far I'm really enjoying it!


  • Top Ten Tuesday: Anticipated Books That Were a Let Down
    • this is a spin on the prompt books you no longer want to read in that these are books that I really wanted to read and wasn't overwhelmed when I actually read them
  • Review: The Scribe of Siena by Melodie Winawer 

Well that's it for me! I hope you all are having a wonderful week :) 

No comments