Nonfiction Reading Challenge


I don't read nonfiction. I can count the number of times that I have eagerly sat down with a nonfiction book on one hand and have fingers to spare.

I'm not sure why, but I often find nonfiction too dry to capture my interest. Maybe it's because I love plot-driven books and nonfiction tend to be more introspective or tells the story of many people, as opposed to focusing on a central character.

What I do know is that I want this to change-- I want to read more nonfiction but since I don't normally gravitate towards them, I knew I needed a challenge. And when I stumbled upon Doing Dewey's nonfiction reading challenge I knew it was exactly what I needed.

Doing Dewey's nonfiction reading challenge is a very open ended challenge-- letting me choose my pace and my goal. After some brief introspection I settled on the possibly-ambitious, possibly-too-easy goal of 12 nonfiction books in 12 months.

One book a month seemed a great way to dip my toe in the nonfiction waters and making a post about it almost guarantees that I'll stay on track.

As I don't read nonfiction, I assumed I would have no nonfiction titles on my TBR list but lo and behold I had ten! Like do I know myself. I guess not. These titles have languished on my list for far too long-- it's time to crack down and read them. Here are some of the titles I might read this coming year:

855485 32956381 13151503 21111460 7897720 34184307 1624 33574185 11550559 34931315 

What about you? Have you read any of these books? Which one should I start with? 

No comments