Top Ten Tuesday: new to me authors

This post brought to you by the Top Ten Tuesday series over at The Broke and the Bookish.

2017 was a great reading year for me. Before I write a huge yearly wrap up post, I thought I would take advantage of today's Top Ten Tuesday prompt and share with you five of my favorite authors I discovered this past year.


25667918186074Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of The Wind): need I say more? This is an amazing, mind-blowing, wildly expansive novel featuring a beautiful, innovative magic system. I have the second book on hold at my library and I can't wait to dive in.

22396077Nnedi Okorafor (Binti): I've talked about this novella too many times to count on this blog! So I'll save you my fangirling. Suffice it to say, I've already read the sequel, and look forward to reading more of her work.
22733729
Becky Chambers (The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet): ahh what an amazing sci-fic writer! I've already read the sequel and am eagerly waiting the third book which should be published in 2018.

35574989Holly Black (The Darkest Part of the Forest): I was surprised at how much I adored Black's lyrical prose in this YA novel. I've heard good things about a vampire novel of hers-- I should give it a try.

Jasmin Darznik (Song of a Captive Bird): This is her debut novel so there isn't much else to read by her but man, did I fall head-over-heels for this fictionalized memoir!


That's it for me! What about you? What amazing authors did you discover this year?

No comments