Dear Sunday: The Move

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series. 


My new view!! 
Hello all and welcome to my weekly round up! I've been quite busy this past week getting ready for my move-- which officially started yesterday. My move is a rather chill three-day affair which I am definitely a fan of because moving is exhausting. But my new place is kind of my dream apartment so I can't be happier about where I'm moving to. Technically, my old apartment was a 'basement' apartment, which meant small windows, so I can not believe that a) my new place has a balcony and b) this is my view.

I have this upcoming week off work (which I'm so pumped about!!) which also means my posts this week may or may not get up on time. Road trips-- aka prolonged times where I am doing nothing but sitting in a car-- could be a great time to catch up on some blog writing! Alternatively, a family reunion doesn't exactly spell 'productive free time'. So, as always, we shall see.
  • It's Monday: What Are You Reading?
  • Review: The Long Way to A Small Angry Planet
Fun fact, the series we all know and love (Top Ten Tuesdays) is actually taking a summer break, so I'll be looking for new things to fill that space! I'm going to try out a cool Monday series I've seen bouncing around on some other blogs. 

It'll be so weird to leave my apartment for the last time, even if I love my new place. It'll take some time to get used to living in a new space-- I know for sure that at least once I'll find myself driving to the wrong side of town after work. But eventually all the kinks will wear out and I'll slip into a new routine with a new apartment and a new balcony. :)


What about you?? What are you doing for the holiday weekend? Perhaps something more traditional, like barbecues and pool parties? ((on July 4th I actually have the internet guy coming to bring my new apartment into the 21st century; evidently I'm not the most patriotic person)) I hope the weather is as nice where you are as it is here! 

10 comments

  1. I'm glad you are having a chill move. Enjoy that new apartment! Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow before being off again for the 4th so we don't have much planned. We bought a barbecue pit a couple of years ago that we are considering finally putting together. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know-- having the 4th on a Tuesday is really odd! Haha a barbecue pit sounds cool!

      Delete
  2. Moving is definitely exhausting, but it's great that you love the place you're headed to!!
    Have a lovely week off, and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bummed, I can't see the picture of your view. For some reason the link is broke or something on my end. I'm sure a balcony is sooo awesome, though!! And then you have to road trip afterwards?? That's kind of a bummer you can't sit and enjoy the new place.

    I love the books you're reading right now!! Not exactly light reading but I adore history and religion's place in History. That's why I'm enjoying the YA book I'm reading right now, Now I Rise. Although it's geared to a young audience (ie. somewhat simple story), it's a great fictionalized telling of the Turkish Empire. Right now, Constantinople is on the verge of falling.

    Good luck on the move!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's so weird-- rest assured it is a very nature view. Haha I know, the day after everything gets finalized I'm off to a family reunion.

      Yeah I really like Truth and Tolerance-- it's one of those books that I pick up every few months. It's really interesting and really heavy.

      Now I Rise sounds interesting-- I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the move. You're so right, moving is typically exhausting and hectic so having three days to do it sounds lovely. Good luck! Have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the move. I hope it all goes smoothly and it sounds like your digs will be perfect. I would reading and drinking wine on the balcony every night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the move! Like Kristin said I can't see the pic either, but I'm sure its nice! Hope you love it. And have a good trip too.

    Looking forward to your review of A Long Way. I liked that one a lot.

    ReplyDelete