What I read: June

I'm linking up with The book date for this monthly review! 







Total Books Read: 10 (okay, technically more like 9.5 but hey, still more than May! not that this is a competition...)


Genre Breakdown
(it is actually not trivial to assign genres! I mean what if a murder mystery is set in the past? Does that automatically make it a historical fiction book as well? inquiring minds want to know)


Historical Fiction: 6

Murder Mystery: 4
Paranormal: 1
Sci-fic: 1
Anthology: 0.5 [[that's the one I gave up on]]

Audiobooks: 2
Ebooks: 0
Real honest to goodness paper books: 8

359675876360







Island of the Innocent and Driven with the Wind by the Morris people




I finished the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series! Quite possibly the longest series I've read at eight books long. Luckily there's a follow-up series I just started.



As always the Daisy Dalrymple cozy murder mystery series made up my audiobook contribution this month! I'm trying to catch up on some of my podcasts, but soon I'll have to download the next audiobook in the series. 


6549023398824


When Breaks the Dawn (Canadian Wilderness #3) by Janette Oke
A Study in Death (Lady Darby #4) by Anna Lee Huber


Books I've Reviewed



First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
I'll Eat when I'm Dead by Barbara Bourland 

Check out my reviews on these books I read last month! 




Biggest Disappointment

Reader, I Married Him edited by Tracy Chevalier

25817900I don't read many short stories, so that's always something I'm looking to improve. When I heard of this anthology populated by short stories inspired by Jane Eyre I was intrigued ((even if I don't remember actually ever reading Jane Eyre)). I didn't make it through the whole anthology-- I stopped because I wasn't liking any of the stories. 


Best Book I Read in June

22733729

Easy, hands down, no questions asked. 




That's it! All the books I read last month. This month is not looking so good as far as numbers go-- the move and vacation have meant that I actually haven't finished a book yet ((thus why there hasn't been a new review!)). I learned that I prefer to write reviews for books I just finished so hopefully by next week I'll have one up.

What about you? How was your June reading? Did you give up on any books?

No comments